Brussels Sprouts with Cheese Ravioli
- 2 lbs Boggiatto® Brussels sprouts
- 2 lbs fresh cheese ravioli
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the Brussels sprouts and peel off any brown leaves. Slice with the mandolin on a fine setting and discard the stems.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- At the same time, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp (approximately 6-8 minutes), reserving half of the bacon fat in skillet. Cool bacon and break into pieces.
- Add olive oil to the bacon fat and heat. Add the pecans and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until lightly toasted, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced Brussels sprouts and cook over high heat, tossing occasionally, until tender but not overcooked.
- Stir in vinegar, add bacon, and toss to combine; salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the ravioli in the boiling water and drain. Add a bit of olive oil so the ravioli don’t stick together.
- At the same time, melt the butter in a small skillet and cook until brown and foamy. Don’t let it burn.
- Serve the Brussels sprouts over the ravioli and top with brown butter and Parmesan cheese and serve.
Almost everything’s better with bacon and pasta. It’s a perfect complement to Hitchcock Farms® Brussels sprouts. Add some nuts for texture and everyone will become Brussels sprouts lovers.
Recipe by: Beat Giger
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; , Pebble Beach, CA