Iceberg Babies® Gorgonzola Rosemary Chicken
- 8 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
- 8 one-pound chick lobsters
- 2 lbs green asparagus
- 2 cups Champagne Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 8 Spicy Tuiles (instructions follow)
- 8 small bunches of enoki mushrooms
- Remove outer leaves of Iceberg Babies® and wash thoroughly. Remove the core and cut an even 2-inch hole. Remove some of the inner leaves to create a bowl. Cut a generous slice from the bottom to provide stability for the bowl. Julienne the lettuce you’ve removed; chill all lettuce until ready to assemble.
- Cook lobsters in boiling salt water for 3 minutes; remove and immerse in an ice bath. Separate lobster meat from the shell, reserving the end of the tail for presentation. Cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Peel and cut the asparagus into 2-inch segments. Cook until tender and chill; reserve 40 asparagus tips for garnish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the julienned lettuce with the cut asparagus and lobster meat. Add 2/3 of the Champagne Vinaigrette and toss gently.
- Fill each Iceberg Babies® bowl with an equal amount of salad mixture. Place a tuile on top and insert the lobster tail into the hole.
- For presentation, place the filled lettuce bowl at the center of the plate. Top with a tuile and insert lobster tail. Garnish tuile with enoki mushrooms and three asparagus tips. Sprinkle remaining vinaigrette around the lettuce and top with a couple asparagus tips.
- 1/4 cupunsalted butter
- 6 tbspsugar
- 1/4 cupheavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp+ 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 1 tspTagarashi mix
- 1 tspFuritake mix
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 F. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. Mix in sugar, cream, flour and the Tagarashi and Furitake mixes.
- Stir until batter thickens, bubbles at edges, and leaves dry path when spoon is drawn through (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Drop eight rounded tablespoons of batter for each onto prepared sheets, spacing mounds about six inches apart.
- Bake tuiles, one sheet at a time, until golden brown, turning sheet after 8 minutes, about 16 minutes total. Remove from the oven and while still hot, cut out a 2-inch center ring. Let the tuiles cool completely on sheets.
- These can be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- 1shallot, quartered
- 1small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbspDijon mustard
- 2 tbspsugar
- 1/2 tspkosher salt
- 1/2 cupfresh dill, washed and de-stemmed
- 1dash freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cupChampagne vinegar
- 1 1/2canola oil (or olive oil)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a blender, adding the oil slowly at the very end. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to meld the ingredients or prepare the day before.
The supple texture and just-right-size of Iceberg Babies® make them a perfect choice in wraps and hand rolls used in the Asian cuisine.
Recipe by: Sean DiCicco
VP of Food at Caesars Entertainment Corp., Las , Vegas, NV