Jasper’s Iceberg Babies® BLT Gorgonzola
- 8 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
- 4 strips ofpancetta, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 bundle chives
- 12 ozGorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 6 ozsour cream
- 1 tspkosher salt
- 2 tbsplemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbspWorcestershire sauce
- 8drops Tabasco sauce
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 ozheavy cream, whipped
- Cut off the stem of the Iceberg Babies®, rinse under cold water, allow to drip dry completely, and chill.
- Combine dressing ingredients, except heavy cream, and chill.
- Saute pancetta until lightly browned and crisp. Place on a paper towel to wick away fat. Crumble 4 strips and reserve for garnish.
- Dice tomatoes into 1/4-inch cubes and reserve for garnish.
- Finely chop chives and reserve for garnish.
- To serve, cut each head into 5 equal wedges and arrange on a plate, creating a pinwheel with the wedges facing the same direction.
- Fold the whipped cream into the dressing just before serving and place a generous dollop in the middle of the Iceberg Babies® pinwheel. Garnish with pancetta, tomatoes, and chives.
The supple texture and just-right-size of Iceberg Babies® make them a perfect choice in wraps and hand rolls used in the Asian cuisine.
Recipe by: Jasper Mirabile, Jr.
Co-Owner & Executive Chef, Jasper’s , Ristorante, Kansas City, MO