Roasted Hitchcock Farms®
- 2 lbs Hitchcock Farms® Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 cup Kimchi, drained well and coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsps fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsps honey
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F; high heat is essential for this recipe.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts, removing outermost leaves as needed, and trim off the stem. Keep the good leaves that fall away from the sprouts, as they can be turned into crispy chips when baked.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper; toss well.
- Arrange a single layer of Brussels sprouts on a large sheet pan; place it on the top rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Stir the sprouts to coat them in oil and allow to brown to a consistent color.
- Cook for another 10 minutes and stir again. Sprinkle sprouts with shallots, kimchi, and ginger; place them back in the oven on the lowest rack. Bake for a final 10 minutes.
- After a total bake time of 30 minutes, taste the sprouts for tenderness. Once tender, add honey, a splash of fish sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Toss gently with a spatula.
- Season with sea-salt to taste. Place back in the oven to regain the heat and scoop onto a serving platter.
Iceberg Babies® hold up perfectly for this ‘hot & cold’ salad creation. It’s a wonderful small-plate or appetizer. Kids love them too.
Recipe by: Beat Giger
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; , Pebble Beach, CA