- 4 Garden Hearts® Jumbo Romaine Hearts
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 flat anchovy filets, mashed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts Jumbos and separate into individual leaves. Rinse under cold, running water. Pat gently dry with paper towels, wrap in clean cloth or paper towel, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl or bucket, combine eggs, anchovies, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Using a Bermixer, slowly add the olive oil until dressing is fully emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss whole-leaf Garden Hearts Jumbos in dressing. Add Parmesan cheese and croutons. Arrange leaves on a serving plate, top with a few extra croutons and garnish with whole anchovy filets, if desired.
- Cooked and finished polenta (Quick polenta works well.)
- Fine yellow cornmeal
- Corn oil
- Pour cooked polenta into a well-oiled sheet pan; spread to half-inch think, and let cool.
- Once firm and cold, slice polenta into half-inch cubes and toss in cornmeal until lightly coated.
- Heat in oil in a saute’ pan over medium heat, add polenta pieces a few at a time, and cook until golden and crisp.
- Transfer croutons to a paper towel to drain. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 10baguette loaves of French bread
- 4sticks of butter, unsalted
- 2 cupextra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbspgarlic, minced
- 4 tbspItalian herb mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thinly slice bread. In a large saute’ pan, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and herbs and saute’ over low heat for 5 minutes. Add bread slices and toss until well coated.
- Transfer to a large sheet pan and bake approximately 20 minutes, turning croutons frequently until golden and crisp.
Garden Hearts® quality, value and easy prep make this product a ‘must-use’ for every culinary professional.
Recipe by: Beat Giger
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; , Pebble Beach, CA