Garden Hearts® Caesar
- 4 Garden Hearts® Petite Romaine Hearts
- 4 12-ounce pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 2 tbsps black pepper, coarsely ground
- 12 ozs Garden Hearts® Ultimate Caesar Dressing
- Zest strips of fresh orange peel
- 1 1/2 cuporange juice
- 1-2 cupsoy sauce
- 1/4 cupolive oil
- 3 tbspfresh rosemary, chopped
- 3garlic cloves, chopped
- 3egg yolks
- 4flat anchovy filets, mashed
- 3garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbspDijon mustard
- 1/4 cupfresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cupwine vinegar
- 1/4 tspkosher salt
- 1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
- 2 cupextra virgin olive oil
- 1 cupfreshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place marinade ingredients in a zip-lock bag with pork tenderloins and marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- In a blender or mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, anchovies, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk well until foamy.
- Gradually add the extra virgin olive oil in a slow pace so the mixture can absorb the oil until fully emulsified. Add the Parmesan cheese. The dressing will have a thick consistency so it will adhere well to the lettuce. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Generously pepper tenderloins and pan sear medium-well.
- Bring the marinade to a boil in a small saucepan and set aside for use as a sauce.
- Toss washed, whole-leaf Garden Hearts Petites in the Caesar dressing and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and croutons, as desired.
- Arrange Garden Hearts on the plate and top with pork tenderloin, sliced on a slight bias. Drizzle with marinade and garnish with orange zest strips.
A classic Garden Hearts® Caesar provides an excellent foundation for superb entrées.
Recipe by: Beat Giger
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; , Pebble Beach, CA