Turkey Caesar Sandwich
- 2 Garden Hearts® Petite Romaine Hearts
- 8 ciabatta rolls
- 1 cup Caesar dressing
- 32 ozs sliced roast turkey breast
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, curled or grated
- 4egg yolks
- 8garlic cloves, minced
- 4anchovy fillets
- 2 tsphot pepper sauce
- 1 tspWorcestershire sauce
- 2 tspred wine vinegar
- 2lemons, juiced and seeded
- 1 cupolive oil
- Separate the Garden Hearts Petites into individual leaves and rinse well under cold running water. Air dry completely and chill.
- Puree all of the dressing ingredients, except the oil, until smooth. While blender is still running, slowly add oil until dressing reaches the desired thickness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the rolls in half and toast under a broiler.
- Spread each side of the toasted bread with 1/2 tablespoon of dressing and layer turkey slices on bottom half of the roll.
- Chop the Garden Hearts Petites and toss with the Caesar dressing; layer a generous helping of the romaine hearts on top of the turkey.
- Top with Parmigiano-Reggiano curls, place the top half of the bread on the sandwich and serve.
Garden Hearts®, Caesar dressing and fresh-roasted turkey make for a tasty sandwich.
Recipe by: Beat Giger
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; , Pebble Beach, CA