Citrus Mint Salad
- 8 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
- 8 grapefruit
- 8 oranges
- 2 bundles fresh mint
- 1 lime, thinly sliced mint crowns
- mint crowns
- 16 ozplain yogurt
- 1 tbspfresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cupfresh mint, sliced
- honey, to taste
- Rinse Iceberg Babies® under cold water, and allow to drip-dry completely.
- Cut a generous slice from the bottom of the lettuce, removing about a quarter of the head. Remove some of the inner leaves to create a bowl; chiffonade the removed leaves and set aside.
- Knife-peel grapefruit and oranges to fully remove skin and pith.
- Cut fruit segments carefully into a mixing bowl, reserving the fruit juice.
- Wash mint thoroughly, remove stems, and reserve crowns for garnish.
- Cut mint leaves into thin strips and reserve 1/2 cup for the dressing.
- Toss remaining mint with citrus segments and chill.
- To prepare the dressing, combine yogurt, ginger and mint; stir well. Sweeten with honey, to taste, and chill.
- To serve, place each Iceberg Babies® bowl on a bed of lettuce chiffonade to stabilize it on the plate.
- Fill the bowl with citrus segments, add some juice, and garnish with a slice of lime and a mint sprig. Serve the dressing in a small dish on the side.
The supple texture and just-right-size of Iceberg Babies® make them a perfect choice in wraps and hand rolls used in the Asian cuisine.
Recipe by: Beat Giger
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; , Pebble Beach, CA